Here are a few works and projects of the past. For more information on my professional experience please continue to my CV.
von Petersdorff, Anne (2018) “Embodied Encounters: A Case for Autobiographical Filmmaking and Haptic Filmmaking.” Constellations: a cultural rhetorics publishing space. November 2018. (peer-reviewed journal article/video essay)
Zantjer, R., von Petersdorff, A., (2014). “The Politics of Translation Tools: What Untranslatable Words Reveal about Culture, Language, and Technology Design,” published on http://www.digitalrhetoriccollaborative.org/ (Text: Rebecca Zantjer, Video: Anne von Petersdorff)
WANDERLUST cuerpos en tránsito (2017, 97min, Documentary). Director/Producer/Editor with María Pérez Escalá.
- Honorable Mention at the Latin American Studies Association (LASA) Film Festival (May 2018) Barcelona, Spain
- Official selection & Competition International Documentary Feature: FEMCINE/Cine de Mujeres Chile, Santiago, Chile
- Official selection: Crossing Europe Film Festival, Linz, Austria
- Prize: La voz que rompe el silencio [The voice that breaks the silence] and Official selection. Festival Internacional de Cine de Fusagasugá, Fusagasugá, Colombia
- Official selection: Festival de Cine Latinoamericano de La Plata (FESAALP), La Plata, Argentina
- Official selection: Mujeres en Foco, Competencia Internacional de Largometrajes de Mujeres en Foco, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Official selection Work in Progress: Festival Internacional de Cine Documental de Buenos Aires, Argentina (BAFICI), Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Official selection: Travel FilmFest in Cyprus, Limassol, Cyprus
- Official selection Work In Progress at the Festival Internacional de Cine de Mar del Plata, Mar del Plata, Argentina
Fronteras (2015, 15min, Documentary). Director/Producer. In collaboration with Bucanero Fuerte Films.
Diec18cho (2012, 18min, Documentary). Director/Producer/Editor. In collaboration with Bucanero Fuerte Films. Shown at the 30th edition of Quartmetratges film festival in Valencia, Spain
Cine Encanto (2011, 15min, Documentary). Co-Director. Thesis completed during the documentary filmmaking workshop at the Escuela de Cine y TV (EICTV), San Antonio de los Baños, Cuba.
The last Fare (2009, 15min, Fiction). Director: Martin Behnke, Production.
“Shared Spaces, Different Mobilities” German Studies Association (GSA), 43rd Annual Conference, Portland, Oregon, October 2018.
“Collaboration Across Countries and Disciplines: The Possible Worlds of Hybrid Dissertations” (project demo) HASTAC, University of Central Florida, November 2017.
“Re-Framing the Woman Traveler through Feminist Cinematography” Converging Narratives: Besieged and Transgressive Bodies (Graduate Student Conference), University of Illinois at Chicago. April 2017.
“Articulation and collaboration: Creating a continuum of learning.” Gacs, A., Goertler, S., Lesoski, C., McEwen, K., von Petersdorff, A., & Wolff, L., ACTFL Conference, Boston, MA. November 2016
“The Tool that Shapes the Craftswoman: Narration and Identity Formation in FREMDKÖRPER, an Autobiographical Travel Documentary.” Cultural Rhetorics Conference, Michigan State University. October 2016.
“Virtually there – don’t be afraid to study abroad.” Goertler, S., Gacs, A., McEwen, K., von Petersdorff, A., & Wolff, L., CALICO Conference, East Lansing, MI. May 2016.
“Foreign Bodies: Embodied Encounters of Female Travelers between Egypt and Germany.” Conference on College Composition and Communication, Houston, TX. April 2016.
“From a Distance: Affective Responses to Otherness in German Literature between 1779-1961.” LOCUS TALKS at Michigan State University. April 2015
“Fremdkörper/Cuerpos Extraños: Female Bodies In Transit.” Women in German Studies Conference, Shawnee on Delaware, PA. October 2014.
“Intensive Körpererfahrung in Andreas Altmanns Reise durch einen einsamen Kontinent.” German Studies Association Conference, Kansas City, MO. September 2014.
“The Faustian Impulse: Visual Representations and Imperialism in The Civilizers.” Symposium on Visual Culture, Digital Media, Michigan State University. March 2014.
“Establishing Polyphony through Repetition: Rethinking Tourism-Migration Categories through Lisl Ponger’s Passagen.” University of Virginia Graduate Conference. March 2014.
“Technology and Imperialism in The Civilizers” TROPOS Graduate Conference at Michigan State University. March 2014.
- German 201 online summer intensive course (2018), Instructor: Department of Linguistics & Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages, Michigan State University, USA.
- German (different levels 2017), Instructor: Kapitel Zwei Sprachschule, Berlin, Germany.
- German 101 online (2017), Instructor: Department of Linguistics & Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages, Michigan State University, USA.
- Integrated Arts and Humanities 204 “Asia and the World” (2017), Instructor: Department of Linguistics & Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages, Michigan State University, USA.
- Introduction to Documentary Film (2016) (co-taught with Prof. Alexandra Hidalgo), Instructor: Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures WRAC, Michigan State University, USA.
- German 201 & 202 ( 2014-2015) German Instructor: Department of Linguistics & Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages, Michigan State University, USA.
- Mit Deutschland um die Welt: Übersetzungsmethoden und –praktiken, advanced German (Spring 2014) Job shadowing, Michigan State University, USA